CHRIS PRATT, THE MTV AWARDS
& HIS NINE POINT SERMON
Chris Pratt delivers an incredible acceptance speech taking on the part of "elder" for the younger generation. What's incredible is the way he perfectly manages to witness what Christ did for mankind with nine simple pieces of advice. If you've ever struggled to find your voice when speaking up for God, listen to tip #4 - it's a hidden gem!
- "Breathe. If you don’t, you’ll suffocate”
- “You have a soul. Be careful with it.”
- “Don’t be a turd. If you’re strong, be a protector. If you’re smart, be a humble influencer. Strength and intelligence can be weapons, and do not wield them against the weak. That makes you a bully. Be bigger than that.”
- "When giving a dog medicine, put the medicine in a little piece of hamburger. Then the dog won't know he's eating medicine."
- "Doesn't matter what it is, earn it!"
- “God is real. God loves you. God wants the best for you. Believe that. I do.”
- "If you have to poop at a party..." Some great advice here!
- “Learn to pray. It’s easy. It’s so good for your soul.”
- “Nobody’s perfect. You are imperfect. You always will be, but there’s a powerful force that designed you that way, and if you’re willing to accept that, you will have grace, and grace is a gift. That grace was paid for with somebody else’s blood. Don’t forget it. Don’t take it for granted.”